Monday, September 17, 2012

The Lavender Fairy

Lavender by Thowra_uk
Licensed under Creative Commons
Late last night I was pissed at the universe, and depressed.  My thoughts went back and forth between my fairies, doing something stupid, Cicely M. Barker's fairies, how angry and depressed I felt and the various reasons for it.  Going back to bed felt like the last thing I wanted to do.  Eventually I did it, because by thinking of fairies (especially Barker's) I was able to calm myself down enough.

I thought about her lovely little lavender fairy.  When I was a kid I wanted to be that fairy.  Okay, I still do.  She could play with the stalks of lavender, and fly with the butterflies.  It must smell wonderful where she lives.  She's so happy, carefree, and purple. Really, who wouldn't want to be that fairy?  I suppose if you're allergic to lavender, then you might not, but if you were a lavender fairy you wouldn't be allergic to lavender.  Lavender would be your family.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's possible to be allergic to one's family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Serena. Totally possible to be allergic to one's family. And lavender too, in myncase! Glad the fairies helped calm you down.

    ReplyDelete